OTS9101: USB Power Delivery Transceiver, Sniffer, and Development Tool
The OTS9101 is a transceiver and logic development environment for power supply communication over a single conductor. The analog front end is based on Obsidian's OTC9102 IP demonstrator chip. The system is optionally supplied with application software for a variety of distinct tasks. Namely:
- Protocol Sniffer for debugging USB Power Delivery systems. When daisy-chained between two USB PD systems, the Sniffer board produces an easy to read mnemonic listing of captured packets on a PC.
- Traffic Generator. The system can be configured to generate arbitrary packet sequences, with custom timing, using a simple packet assembly API in C++. The primary use for this is in system debug and protocol error testing.
- USB PD Demonstration Power Supply. Available firmware can configure the board to be a simple USB provider or consumer. An on board switching power supply provides 5V, 9V or 12V to the VBUS pins after PD provider negotiation.
- Chip/IP Demonstrator. Key signals from the OTC9102 chip are available on headers. Hence the board provides a demonstration platform for the chip, and associated FPGA logic. Available host software can drive the chip in step by step mode to allow protocol operation to be followed.
- Development Board. FPGA capability is provided by a daughter board with USB host interface API. This also works with the Xilinx development environment as platform for maintenance of the protocol logic and policy code.
- As delivered, supports USB Power Delivery Sniffer testing as well as development and testing of protocol code.
- Compatible with 0.9 USB PD standard.
- Communication with host via USB port. It can be self, or bus powered. A host driver API is included.
- Software upgrade to include packet level host API.
- On board discrete implementation of USB PD transceiver plus the option to switch to the OTC9101 IP demo chip when it becomes available.
- On board Spartan-6 FPGA supports free Xilinx development tools.
- Parallel USB-A and USB-B sockets, plus VBUS breakouts facilitate lab test connections.
- Early development of demonstration hardware for emerging USB Power Delivery standard.
- USB PD sniffer hardware.
- Development of generic data communication over DC power cords.
- Motherboard/daughterboard system with USB cable.
- Sniffer software.
- Host demo API code.
- Setup notes.
- Pin mapping information.
- Required code for FPGA factory configuration, including key buffering and CDR functions.
- One-year firmware and software updates.
- 8 hours phone support. Available on, or off site consulting services at daily rates.