USB Power Delivery Development Products and Services
Obsidian Technology recognizes the potential of the USB Power Delivery concept as a clear step forward in the delivery of power for a wide variety of mobile and desktop items. We are offering a number of products and services to facilitate the rapid development and deployment of key PD technologies. The current product and service offerings are as follows:
Analog Front End
- Type-C receiver, compatible with PD 3 noise tolerance requirements.
- Type-C compliant driver.
- PD required level comparators.
- Overload protected 5V/200mA switches for VCONN.
- Internal CC activity sensor requires no clock.
- IP available for 65n, 130n and 180n CMOS.
- Source, multi-chip or single-chip licensing available.
- Silicon proven.
Port Logic RTL
Port Logic RTL contains all the necessary functions between the AFE, and an 8b register interface. An I2C interface is also an option. These include:
- Transmit and receive buffering.
- Line coding/decoding.
- CRC generation and checking.
- Automatic goodCRC packet return. Tolerates 10mS interrupt service time from attached processor.
- Optional hardware implemented Type-C state machine for low power idle operation.
Demonstration/Development Board (OTS9106)
- General Purpose USB Power Delivery Firmware development board.
- Operates as stand alone PD source or sink.
- 4 internal power regulators support multiple power senarios. Max 3A 20V output power.
- Separate FPGA and ARM modules give good access for RTL and C code development and testing.
- Type-C baseband and full speed USB communications only.
- Can be used for IP complience testing.
Custom Consulting Services
- Pre-compliance testing.
- Design and lab debug service to facilitate fast development.
- Access to demo chips for early development systems.